- What are cookies?
- Cookies are widely used tiny pieces of software (files) that are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or device.
- Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual device has previously visited the site.
- The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
- What types of cookies are there?
Broadly, there are 4 types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Performance cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as ‘Google Analytics’.
- Functionality cookies
These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website. For example, where users select their preferred settings and layout.
- Targeting or Advertising cookies
These cookies are similar to performance cookies, in that they collect information about users’ behaviour. However, this information is used at individual user level to advertise products and services to users on the basis of the behavioural information collected.
- Cookies help us recognise how you found us online and may relate to your browsing habits on the website.
- We don’t store personal information in the cookies we create and they can’t harm your computer.
- However, we do use encrypted information gathered from cookies to help improve your experience of this site.
- If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site.
- What type of cookies INSPIRING IMPACT NI website uses?
- We also use Google Analytics to see how people interact with our site in order to help improve the content and make it easier to navigate. You can read more about this service at Google Analytics Privacy. Google Analytics is used on many websites other than Inspiringimpact.org and should you wish to block Google Analytics, Google have created a browser add-on that allows you to opt-out of sending information from the websites you use. This can be downloaded from Google Analytics Privacy.
- How can I turn off cookies?
- You can find out more about cookies and how to delete and control them on aboutcookies.org or click help in your browser menu.
INSPIRING IMPACT NI may update this policy from time to time. Changes in technology, legislation and authorities’ guidance may require us to inform you of the activities we undertake where it affects your privacy rights. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.